Latest news: 2 years old childcare provision
Who is eligible?
Some 2 year old children are eligible for a funded placement of Early Learning and Childcare.
Are you in receipt of one of the benefits below? If yes, your 2 year old child will be eligible for a nursery place.
- Income Support (IS)
- Income-based Job Seeker's Allowance (JSA)
- Any income related element of Employment and Support Allowance
- Incapacity or Severe Disablement Allowance
- State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credits (CTC), but not Working Tax Credit, and your income is less than £16,105*
- Both maximum CTC and Maximum Working Tax Credit and your income is under £6,420*
- Support is under the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Universal Credit - where household earned income is £610 or less per month
- Those aged 2 or over who are (or have been at any point since turning 2) either looked after by a local authority, the subject of a kinship care order or a child with a parent-appointed guardian.
* The income thresholds for Child Tax Credit and Working Tax Credit can vary annually.
2 year old children become eligible for funded ELC dependant on their month of birth as outlined below:
- 1 March - 31 August = August term*
- 1 September - 31 December = January term
- 1 January - 28/29 February = Easter term
Children whose birthday falls after the first day of term in August (including in-service days) will start in the January following their 2nd birthday.
Parents/carers should contact the Early Years Helpline on 01369 708503 or email email@example.com and request an application pack.
Please note further information on early years including childcare can be found on www.scottishfamilies.gov.uk or call 01369 708517.