Everyone needs advice to allow them to make the right informed decision. In some cases, you might need more detailed advice to help resolve your problems. These could range from dealing with debt, accessing benefits, employment, legal or housing issues
In Argyll and Bute, impartial, confidential advice is available from a variety of national or local sources:
- Argyll and Bute Council provides free impartial, confidential advice on welfare rights, complex debt to particularly vulnerable clients, and homelessness;
- Independent advice agencies, including Argyll and Bute Citizens Advice Bureau and Bute Advice Centre;
- National helplines, including Citizens Advice Scotland; Money Advice Scotland and the National Debtline who provide on-line advice.
- Find a food bank in Argyll and Bute.
- Find out how we are working together to tackle poverty in Argyll and Bute.
- Report a fraud.
Money advice and help >
If you are worrying about money, this step-by-step guide can help you to find the support you need.
Help with paying your rent >
If you are having difficulty paying your rent, you can apply for help through Discretionary Housing Payments
Worried about rising energy costs?Heat your home -
managing rising costs
For advice and support with welfare benefitsWelfare
Struggling with debt or money problems?Debt and
Support for people affected by cancerMacMillan Welfare Rights Service
If you are homeless or about to become homelessHomelessness
Advice about money, family, daily life or your rightsCitizens Advice Bureau
Create your own personal budget plan here
Free and confidential advice on debt problemsMoney
Check if you are entitled to benefitsBenefits