Business rates

Find out about all the different ways to pay business rates
Some guidance on business rates and how they are calculated
Find out who is entitled to and how to apply for reliefs and discounts on business rates
Tell the team about a change of address
Tell us if you know anyone is claiming rates they are not entitled to.

How to pay

Contact us:

Non Domestic Rates Team
Financial Services
Kintyre House
Snipefield Industrial Estate
PA28 6SY

Phone: 01586 555249

There are several ways you can pay business rates, if you have any enquiries about paying your rates you can call us

  • Set up a direct debit download and complete the direct debit mandate form (pdf 193.07 KB) and return it to: Argyll and Bute Council, Financial, Kintyre House, Snipefield Industrial Estate, Campbeltown PA28 6SY
  • Online – you can make a payment to your account using a debit or credit card (choose the Non Domestic Rates option on the page)
  • On the phone – call 01546 605515 to make a payment by phone using a debit or credit card
  • By Post - Payments to Argyll and Bute Council, Financial Services, Kintyre House, Snipefield Industrial Estate, Campbeltown PA28 6SY
  • Cheque or Postal Orders - should be crossed “A/C Payee Only” and made payable to Argyll and Bute Council
  • At any Bank - Complete the Bank Giro Credit form provided and present the entire notice with payment to any Bank
  • Girobank – Giro Account holders should complete the Girobank Transcash Advice, detach it and send it to the Girobank in one of their special envelopes
  • At a Post Office: Payments should be accompanied by the complete Notice

Change of address

If you wish to notify us of a change of address or a change in tenancy / ownership of your business property, please either complete the online change of address / tenancy form, or download the change of address / tenancy form (pdf 33 KB), and return it to us at the address above.