Due to Scottish Government coronavirus restrictions on the re-opening of non essential offices our public offices and Customer Service Points are currently closed to the public.
Please use the resources on the website to help meet your information needs and to raise essential service requests. If you do need to telephone us please be patient as we are receiving high volumes of calls.
These are difficult times for everyone and we would ask that you treat our staff with courtesy and respect. Verbal abuse of staff cannot be tolerated. Please note that calls are recorded for training and monitoring purposes.
Do it here
Did you know that there are a wide range of services you can access through this website?
If you know the name of the person who you wish to contact, please dial 01546 605522 and for all other calls use the relevant number below.
Please note that the Customer Service Centre is open from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday. Monday mornings and lunchtimes are usually very busy, so unless your call is urgent it is best to call outside of these times to avoid undue waiting.
- Council Tax - 01546 605511
- Benefits - 01546 605512
- Roads and Lighting Faults - 01546 605514
- Car Parking Fines and Faults - 01546 605514
- New! 24/7 Bin Collection Hotline - 01546 605514
- Domestic Special Uplifts and Bins - 01546 605514
- Domestic Bin Uplift Issues - 01546 605514
- Abandoned Vehicle and Fly Tipping - 01546 605514
- Dog Fouling and Dog Control - 01546 605514
- Pest Control - 01546 605514
- Payments - 01546 605515
- Complaints - 01546 605516
- Social Care and Blue Badges - 01546 605517
- Planning - 01546 605518
- Regulatory Services - 01546 605519
- Book a pitch, room or minibus - 01546 605520
- Registration Enquiries - 01546 605521
- Switchboard/General Enquiries - 01546 605522
- Homelessness - 01586 555936
- Press Office enquiries - 01546 604171
- Press Office out-of-hours (in event of emergency situations only) - 07768556247
Coronavirus Helpline Service
For help and support if you have been negatively affected by Coronavirus, and for help with food, medication, pets or other services if you are self-isolating, and don't have any other sources of support
01546 605524 - open 9am to 5pm, Mon-Fri
If you have any music that you would like to hear on hold, please tell us about it using our contact form. Please note however that it must be open copyright, or have the owner's permission, and should preferably have an Argyll and Bute connection.
- You can now send text enquiries or requests for service to us on 07860 064682.
- Text messages can only be 160 characters long, so try and keep your request short to avoid paying for multiple texts
- Texts are charged at your network’s standard rate.
- If we can text you an answer to your question, we will. However if the answer is complex we will call you back on the phone that was used to send the text and explain the answer in more detail or leave you a voice message.
- Text enquiries will be dealt with between 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday, text enquiries sent outside these hours will be dealt with as soon as possible the next day.
- Text enquiries are useful for reporting or requesting less complex things such as potholes, opening times etc. More complex enquiries can be sent using our Contact Us form or by calling our customer service centre (numbers below)
Write to us
- Post: Argyll and Bute Council, Kilmory, Lochgilphead, Argyll, PA31 8RT *We have very limited ability to deal with physical post sent to the council and would ask customers and businesses to use digital mediums to contact us wherever possible*
- Online contact form
- Specific email addresses:
- Library enquiries: Libraryhq@liveargyll.co.uk
- Non Domestic (Business) Rates enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Social Work Child Protection Concerns: email@example.com
- Planning and Building Standards Offices:
- Mid Argyll, Kintyre and Islay - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Oban, Lorn and the Isles - email@example.com
- Bute and Cowal - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Helensburgh and Lomond - email@example.com
Please note that from 24th March all our public offices and Service points are currently closed to the public.
- Customer Service Points
- Service points are open Monday to Friday from 9am - 12.30pm, and from 1.30 pm to 4pm. The exceptions to this are Colonsay which is open 9.30am - 12.30pm Monday to Friday; Jura which is open 9.30am - 12.30pm Monday to Friday; Tiree which is open 1.30pm - 4pm and Rothesay which is open 9am to 12.30pm.
- Rothesay Service Point, Eaglesham House, Mount Pleasant Road, Rothesay, PA20 9HQ
- Dunoon Service Point, Ellis Lodge, 5 Argyll Road, Dunoon, PA23 8ES
- Islay Service Point, Jamieson Street, Bowmore, Isle of Islay, PA43 7HL
- Campbeltown Service Point, Burnet Building, St John Street, Campbeltown, PA28 6BJ
- Helensburgh Service Point, The Helensburgh and Lomond Civic Centre, 38 East Clyde Street, Helensburgh, G84 7PG
- Mull Service Point, Breadalbane Street, Tobermory, Isle of Mull, PA75 6PX
- Lochgilphead Service Point, 1A Manse Brae, Lochgilphead, PA31 8RD
- Oban Service Point, Municipal Building, Albany Street, Oban, PA34 4AW
- Tiree Service Point, The Business Centre, Crossapol, Isle of Tiree, PA77 6UP
- Colonsay Service Point, Scalasaig, Isle of Colonsay, PA61 7YW
- Jura Service Point, Schoolhouse, Craighouse, Isle of Jura PA60 7XG
- Planning and Building Standards Offices
- Mid Argyll, Kintyre and Islay - 1A Manse Brae, Lochgilphead, PA31 8RD
- Oban, Lorn and the Isles - Municipal Building, Albany Street, Oban, PA34 4AW
- Bute and Cowal - Milton House, Milton Avenue, Dunoon, PA23 7DU
- Helensburgh and Lomond - The Helensburgh and Lomond Civic Centre, 38 East Clyde Street, Helensburgh, G84 7PG
- Rothesay Satellite Office - Eaglesham House, Mount Pleasant Road, Rothesay, PA20 9HQ