Isle of Gigha
Gigha Primary School was built in 1897 and has been modernised to a very high standard. An extension was built in 2006- 2007, extending the accommodation to two classrooms, office, staffroom and a multi- purpose room and kitchen. School meals are served from the main kitchen and meals-on-wheels go out to the elderly twice a week on request.
A Pre-Five Unit is also housed within the school. The children work with the P.1-3 class in the Infant Room, working on shared themes and Early Level Play.
Pupils, parents and staff all work well together to create a very welcoming ethos. The school has a very active Parent Council who support the work of the school in many ways.