- bus services and the Edinburgh tram
- ferry services (unless the ferry is open to the elements and physical distancing can be achieved, or the vessel is large enough that physical distancing can be achieved)
- airline services
- train services including the Glasgow subway
- taxi and private hire vehicles
- bus stations, railway stations and airports
Traveling in Argyll and Bute and to the islands
As travel restrictions are lifted, the council is urging people to continue to act responsibly and follow government advice in order to avoid a second wave of COVID-19 and potentially the return of lockdown measures.
Avoid busy popular beauty spots
- Remain 2 metres apart
- Don’t gather in large groups
- Continue to wash your hands regularly
Ferry capacity will be increased throughout this phase, but capacity will remain limited.
Argyll and Bute Council provides road, air and ferry services.
Argyll and Bute Council’s Oban and the Isles Airports will reopen for scheduled flights, commercial charters and private pilots on 15 July. Flights from Oban to Coll, Colonsay and Tiree, through service operator Hebridean Air Services, are available from 15 July 2020, can be booked at http://bookhebridean.co.uk/
However, things at our airports will be different as passengers will be expected to follow national guidance:
- If you feel unwell or suspect you have any symptoms associated with COVID-19, do not travel or come to the airports;
- Always wear a face covering when in any of the buildings;
- Ensure that appropriate physical distancing is maintained;
- Avoid contact with surfaces and wash your hands with hand sanitiser/soap and water for a minimum of 20 seconds; and
- Follow instructions given by staff.
More information is available on the website: http://obanandtheislesairports.com/
We operate four council ferry services.
If we have to make any changes to how they operate in response to COVID-19, we will provide updates on the council’s service disruption page.
Some bus services are changing again due to schools returning from 12th August.
You can find out more details on our bus timetables page, or on the individual operators' websites and social media accounts
Most school transport services are returning to their previous timetables from before the schools closed in March. Information on school transport arrangements such as distancing and face coverings can be found in our school transport guidance