What is Dunoon CARS?
The Dunoon Conservation Area Regeneration Scheme (CARS) is a jointly funded grant programme focussing on the regeneration of historical buildings as well as traditional skills training and community engagement.
Dunoon CARS is jointly funded by Historic Environment Scotland and Argyll and Bute Council.
How much money is available?
The total grant fund available is over £1.6 million.
Argyll and Bute Council have recognised a need for greater economic development and regeneration activities within Dunoon. The Dunoon CARS will complement all of the prior investment and link all of the regeneration activity within the town. The main elements of the Dunoon CARS are to:
- Strengthen and enhance the character of the historic Argyll Street
- Upgrade key properties along Argyll Street
- Complement previous regeneration activity and investment in the town
- Grant fund shopfront improvements
- Develop education and training initiatives