Early Learning and Childcare

 Find an ELC provider near you

 Find all childcare providers in Argyll and Bute (this will take you to the Scottish Families website).

Early Learning and Childcare Providers

Early learning and childcare establishments - our partner providers

Early learning and childcare establishments - located in primary schools

Register your child for nursery

Find your local nursery

Other childcare options include

Playgroups - Playgroups are available for children aged 3 to 5 years old.

Creches - Creches are available for children aged 0-6months to 5 years old.

Childminders - Childminders look after children in their own homes. Some of these are private businesses and others run in partnership with the local authority.

Out of school care - These are centres that provide additional hours, such as after work and during school holidays.

Contact Us

 For more information, contact the Early Years Helpline on 01369 708503/708517 or by email at earlyyears@argyll-bute.gov.uk


 Early Learning and Childcare


The number of funded Early Learning and Childcare for children aged three and four is up to 600 hours per year.  Some two year olds will also receive this full entitlement.

Children born between 1st March 2016 and 28th February 2017 are eligible for funded early learning and childcare from August 2019 until June 2020 depending on the date of their third birthday.  

Registration week will take place between Monday 4th until Friday 8th March 2019, during this week you should go along to your preferred ELC Provider, pick up a registration pack and fill in an application form (please bring your child's birth certificate when registering).

Find out more about registering your child for nursery here


If you have a complaint about your child’s Early Learning and Childcare talk it over with the Head Teacher, Manager or Childminder. If the matter is not resolved to your satisfaction then contact the Early Years Team on 01369 704000 and they will discuss the matter with you, advise you on your options and if appropriate, where you should direct your complaint.



Facebook Like us on Facebook       Twitter Follow us on Twitter