Argyll and Bute Council believe that equal opportunity means access to services, employment, information and participation for everyone. We are committed to making sure that we provide equality of opportunity and elminate discrimination in all that we do. Therefore everyone working for or with us has responsibilities in relation to promoting equality of opportunity and good relations between different groups.
The 9 protected characteristics under the Equality Act 2010 are Age, Disability, Sex, Gender re-assignment, Marriage and civil partnership, Pregnancy and maternity, Race, Religion and belief and Sexual orientation.
Facts and figures about population and access to services can be found in our Information about the area section.
You can find some links to useful resources here.
- Find out more about dementia
- Find out about services for people with learning difficulties
- Find out more about dyslexia
- Find out about occupational therapy
- Find out about MacMillan Cancer
- 'See Me'
- Domestic abuse
- Childcare and parenting
- Sands UK - Stillbirths and neonatal deaths
- Stonewall Scotland
- Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender, LGBT Youth Scotland
- Anti-social behaviour
- Equality and Human Rights Commission