Who is eligible?
Some 2 year old children are eligible for a funded placement of Early Learning and Childcare (ELC).
Are you in receipt of one of the benefits below? If yes, your 2 year old child will be eligible for a funded ELC place;
- Income Support (IS)
- Job Seeker's Allowance (income based)
- Any income related element of Employment and Support Allowance
- Incapacity or Severe Disablement Allowance
- Pension Credit
- Universal credit - where household earned income is £660 or less per month
- Child Tax Credits (CTC), but not Working Tax Credit, and your income is less than £17,005
- Both maximum Child Tax Credit and Maximum Working Tax Credit and your income is under £7,920
- Support is under the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
Funded early learning and childcare is also to those aged 2 or over who are (or have been at any point since turning 2) either;
- looked after by a local council
- the subject of a kinship care order
- a child with a parent-appointed guardian
- with a parent who has experience of care
* The income thresholds for Child Tax Credit and Working Tax Credit can vary annually.
2 year old children become eligible for funded ELC dependant on their month of birth as outlined below:
- 1 March - 31 August = August term
- 1 September - 31 December = January term
- 1 January - 28/29 February = Easter term
Parents/carers should contact the Early Years Helpline on 01369 708503 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and request an application pack.