Argyll and Bute Council is working, with our partner organisations, to deliver this vision for our area: our economy is built on a growing population.
In other words, we are working together to attract people to live and work in the area, and to build a prosperous future for Argyll and Bute.
This is set out in the Argyll and Bute Outcome Improvement Plan.
The Plan sets out six outcomes that help us achieve our vision:
- Outcome 1 - The economy is diverse and thriving
- Outcome 2 - We have infrastructure that supports sustainable growth
- Outcome 3 - Education, skills and training
- Outcome 4 - Children and young people have the best possible start
- Outcome 5 - People live active, healthier and more independent lives
- Outcome 6 - People live in safer and stronger communities
The council’s priorities support the council in serving the interests of Argyll and Bute.
In addition we have additional visions for specific areas of our work, where this helps us progress in line with our priorities and outcomes. For example:
- The work of our Education Services is shaped by the vision ‘our children, their future’.
- Our work to promote Argyll and Bute as a great place to live, work and visit follows the strapline ‘Choose (to live and work here). Love (living and working here) – abplace2b’. You can find out more about attracting the people we need here