Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 2013 (RIDDOR)
If you are an employer, a self-employed person or someone in control of work premises you will have duties under RIDDOR.
Reporting incidents, accidents and ill health at work is a legal requirement. This information enables the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and local authorities to identify where and how risks arise and to investigate serious accidents.
You must report:
- Deaths caused by workplace accidents
- Injuries to non-workers where they are taken to hospital for treatment, where those injuries are caused by a work-related accident
- Specified injuries to workers
- Injuries to workers which result in them being incapacitated for more than seven days
- Occupational diseases
- Dangerous occurrences
- Gas incidents
- Exposure to carcinogens, mutagens and biological agents
For more information on incident reporting and RIDDOR, please see the HSE’s website at www.hse.gov.uk/riddor/index.htm.
Accident reports must now be made online at ww.hse.gov.uk/riddor/report.htm.
A telephone service is available for fatal and specified injuries only on 0845 300 99 23. This service is available Monday to Friday 8.30 a.m. - 5.00 p.m.