Guidance for use of council social media sites
Argyll and Bute Council welcomes constructive comments about the services we deliver and we believe that our customers have the right to be heard.
To ensure that our social media sites are used to the benefit of everyone, we reserve the right to remove any contributions or block accounts that break the following rules or guidelines.
If you are using our social media sites please:
- Be civil and relevant.
- Do not post messages that are unlawful, libellous, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, obscene, sexually oriented or racially offensive.
- Do not swear
- Do not post content from elsewhere for which you do not own the copyright.
- Do not post the same message, or similar messages, more than once (also called ‘spamming’)
- Do not publicise your, or anyone else’s, personal information, such as contact details.
- Do not advertise products or services.
- Do not impersonate someone else.
- Do not use our sites to promote party political messages or information. The council, as opposed to its political administration, must be politically neutral.