"Good community development is action that helps people to recognise and develop their potential and organise themselves to respond to problems and needs they share. It supports the establishment of strong communities that control and use assets to promote social justice and help improve the quality of community life. It also enables community and public agencies to work together to improve the quality of government."
Scottish Community Development Centre
We can offer:
- Support for local community groups, charities and social enterprises to overcome a range of challenges, including developing new projects, securing funding and exploring income generation opportunities.
- Co-ordination and support for the Health and Wellbeing Network in Mid Argyll.
- Support for the Argyll and Bute Community Planning Partnership.
- A key priority for the Team is to work in partnership with other agencies to support groups who work with vulnerable individuals and communities.
- Conferences, workshops and training to support Third Sector organisations.
- Advice for community groups and councils on community consultations and how to engage with their communities.
- Community-led Action Planning toolkit – available here. With templates, fact sheets, useful links and resources, we have developed a new toolkit to help community groups to improve the places they live with an Action Plan.
- Community engagement resources: Voxur, Evaluina, planning flowers, suggestion trees and much more.
- Administration of the Health and Wellbeing Grants.
- Administration of the Council’s Supporting Communities Fund programme.
If you think we can help, please contact the Community Development Team at email@example.com.