Community Development Training Funding Partnerships Community Centres Community Councils Contacts
Community Action Planning Community planning at a local level
"Good community development is action that helps people to recognise and develop their potential and organise themselves to respond to problems and needs they share. It supports the establishment of strong communities that control and use assets to promote social justice and help improve the quality of community life. It also enables community and public agencies to work together to improve the quality of government."
Scottish Community Development Centre
We can offer:
- Support for local community groups and voluntary organisations to overcome a range of challenges, including developing new projects, securing funding and exploring new ways of working.
- Support for the Argyll and Bute Community Planning Partnership.
- A key priority for the Team is to work in partnership with other agencies to support groups who work with vulnerable individuals and communities.
- Conferences, workshops and training to support community organisations.
- Advice for community groups and councils on community consultations and how to engage with their communities.
Tools and Resources
- Community-led Action Planning toolkit – available here. With templates, fact sheets, useful links and resources, we have developed a toolkit to help community groups improve the places they live with an Action Plan.
- We distribute a regular Bulletin which you can read from here - latest bulltin May 2023 - or can sign up to have it sent directly to your mail box.
- Previous versions Bulletin 28 April Bulletin 6 April
- Administration of the Council’s Supporting Communities Fund programme.
- Publication of Monthly Funding Bulletin Funding Alert
If you think we can help, please contact the Community Development Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.