Emergency contact numbers

Our normal opening hours are Monday to Friday, from 9 am to 5 pm (except for public holidays).

When our services are closed, these are the contact numbers to use in an emergency:




Further information
Social work services

01631 566491
01631 569712

Social care and health information
Homelessness0345 056 5457
Further information on homelessness
Housing repairs0800 028 2755Repairs to housing association homes
Local and minor roads or lighting defects0800 373 635Report a fault on the road
Trunk road defects0800 028 1414Report a fault on the Bear Scotland website
Dangerous buildings or other public health emergencyPolice Scotland - 101Further information on dangerous buildings
Like us to keep up to date with the latest alerts about weather and transport in Argyll and Bute
Follow us for Council news and updates, particularly during emergencies

In the case of an electricity emergency or a power cut:

Scottish and Southern Energy logoIf your electricity supplier  is Scottish and Southern Energy, you can call them on 0800 300 999. They provide advice on their website on what do if your power goes off.

SP EnergyIf your supplier is Scottish Power, contact SP Energy Networks on 0800 092 9290 or visit their website for help and advice

Scottish Water logoIf you have a problem with your water supply or the water in your area, you should contact Scottish Water on 0845 601 8855, or see the Scottish Water website for more information.

Police Scotland contact 101101 is the new number to contact Police Scotland that replaces other existing non-emergency numbers. This is for the public to call when they want to get through to the police when it's less urgent than 999. It should be used to report less urgent crime, to contact the police with a general enquiry, or to speak to a local officer. For example:

  • If a car has been stolen
  • property has been damaged
  • to report suspected drug use or dealing
  • reporting minor traffic collisions
  • to give information about a crime in your area
  • or simply to speak to a local police officer

In an emergency the advice is always to phone 999 - e.g. when an immediate response is needed because a crime is happening, someone suspected of a crime is nearby, or someone is injured, being threatened or in danger.